With MilLiberty continuing to provide more episodes detailing our past, Caleb reviews the history of the founders and their struggle with slavery. Much of what is taught about founders who owned slaves, especially the likes of Jefferson and Washington, spans from half-truths to outright lies. It is over time to set the record straight and know that these men were consistent champions of liberty who tirelessly tried to abolish the institution of slavery.
This topic is so important for today, as many attempt to discredit our movement and ideas because our the misconceptions surrounding these giants of liberty. The true history of liberty is a fascinating one that will leave you inspired, as long as it is told correctly. That is what we are continuing to do.
- Rough Draft of the Declaration of Independence
- After 1723, Manumisson Takes Careful Planning and Plenty of Savvy
- Education from LVA: Deed of Manumission
- KING: Thomas Jefferson was a horrible man
- Thomas Jefferson to Thomas Cooper, Sept. 10, 1814
- George Washington to Robert Morris, April 12, 1786